It really doesn’t take much to shape your financial future. All you have to do is start with what is in your hands. Your mobile phone!
You can lay the first brick to your empire and we know just the blueprint for you.
Begin by asking yourself, “How did I spend my last KShs 4,800?"
Shopping sprees? Entertainment? Football bets? You really can’t remember?
i-INVEST offers an investor a platform to register and manage a unit trust account from the convenience of their mobile phone.
How it Works
You need to have a Safaricom line, and credit if you are on a prepaid line. It costs KShs 10 everytime you dial *480#.
The first time, you dial *480#, you’ll be prompted to register as follows:
- Part 1: Enter your full name, ID/Passport number, date of birth, email address and occupation. You’ll then receive an SMS confirmation.
- Once you get your SMS confirmation, you will need to dial *480# again
- Part 2: Enter your postal address, physical address and accept or decline Terms and Conditions. You will then receive another SMS providing you with instructions on how to submit a copy of your ID/Passport to Old Mutual.
- Part 3: Submit a copy of your ID/Passport via email, post office or drop it off at any Old Mutual Branch across the country. Once Old Mutual verifies your ID, you’ll receive an SMS containing a computer-generated PIN.
- Once you get an SMS with your PIN, you will need to dial *480# again.
- Part 4: After you enter the PIN sent via SMS, you’ll be prompted to change your PIN, following which you’ll be able to access the full OLD MUTUAL MOBILE menu.
The mobile unit trust account works very much like the conventional unit trust account except that all instructions can be submitted and processed over the registered mobile phone. You can register, invest, withdraw, switch between selected funds and change static information - all via your registered mobile phone.
Our mobile solution avails our four Unit Trust Funds:
- Old Mutual Equity Fund invests mostly in selected shares. It is ideal for an investor with high risk appetite and a long-term horizon (5-7 years).
- Old Mutual Bond Fund invests mostly in government & corporate bonds. It is ideal for an investor with low risk appetite and a medium-term horizon (3-5 years).
- Old Mutual Balanced Fund invests mostly in selected bonds & equities. It is ideal for an investor with medium risk appetite and a medium–term horizon (3-5 years).
- Old Mutual Money Market Fund invests mostly in money instruments. It is ideal for an investor with very low risk appetite and a short-term horizon (6-12 months).
Limits on Amounts
- Minimum initial investment amount is KShs 1,000
- Minimum top-up amount is KShs 480
- Minimum withdrawal amount is KShs 480
- Minimum switch amount is KShs 480