What is the Group Life and WIBA Cover?
- Group Life cover - The cover is payable in the event of the death of the Member as a multiple of salary or as a fixed amount.
- Last Expense Cover - This is paid to assist in basic funeral expenses payable within 48 Hours upon lodging of a claim.
- Critical Illness cover - This is worth 30% of the selected death benefit payable in the event of the Member contracting a disease or requiring treatment for an ailment qualifying as Critical Illness.
- Permanent and Total Disability - This benefit is payable in the event that one becomes totally and permanently disabled by accident or illness such that the member is never likely to engage in his own occupation or similar occupation.
You will have to sit down with a Business Development Officer and choose the desired cover. The BD Officer will then run a quotation in relation to the sum assured by the client. The proposer will then complete the application form and provide required documentation upon which the BD Officer will kickstart the process
- The maximum age limit is 65 years for death and Permanent Total Disablement and 60 for Critical Illness. Cover extension to members above this age will be subject to the company’s terms on a case by case basis
- The cover only remains active as long as the assured works for the employer.
- Financial Wellness Clinics: We conduct wellness clinics to deliver financial education to staff, relevant to the workplace culture.
- Medical Underwriting: The cover has a free cover limit that waives considerations on the medical status of members.
- Free Workplace HIV/AIDS Solution: We provide a workplace HIV service that ensures employees actively continue with their employment by providing free health management solutions.
- Temporary Total Disability - This cover is payable in the event that one becomes Temporarily and Totally disabled by accident such that the member is not able to engage in his/her usual occupation for a period of more than three working days.
- Medical reimbursement - This is payable to indemnify the employer/employee from expenses incurred by an employee in an occupational illness or accident and covers the costs associated with the hospital treatment.
- Accidental or Occupational Death and Permanent Total Disability - This cover is payable in the event of the death of the member due to an accident while on the cause of duty.