What is On The Money?
On the Money is aimed at helping people see how easy it is to start new habits and break old approaches. On the Money, programme is accredited by Bankseta and is a National Qualifications Framework aligned. By focusing on actual behaviour change. Old Mutual is putting a considerable investment into breaking the cycle of generational poverty.
Find out the secret of each of the Big Five animals and apply it to your everyday money management.
You too should "eat first" by arranging an automatic deduction from your salary at the very start of the month before you spend anything. Once you are in the habit of “eating first” you need to think carefully about the pros and cons of various methods of saving.
Learn more about "The Secret of the Lion".
THE LION EATS FIRST - AHEAD OF THE PRIDE
It's always patiently planning and moving towards its goal, never backing off and staying focussed. Have a clear idea of your goals and what you are saving for. Be realistic - the leopard always aims for things it knows it can get.
Learn more about "The Secret of the Leopard".
THE LEOPARD NEVER LETS ITS PREY OUT OF SIGHT
It's knowledge, aided by its memory, is its power. Knowledge is also power for financial planning. If you do not draw up a budget at least once a year, you won’t know if you have, or could get, any spare cash to increase your savings, or reduce your debt.
Learn more about "The Secret of the Elephant".
YOU KNOW THE SAYING, “THE ELEPHANT NEVER FORGETS”
When threatened, it works out what its biggest threats are and charges them down, taking swift control of the situation.
Learn more about "The Secret of the Rhino".
THE RHINO’S NATURAL INSTINCT IS TO CHARGE WHEN CONFRONTED BY DANGER.
The Secret of the Buffalo allows you to understand the three critical elements of any investment: the level of risk, the rate of return, and the amount of time you have to invest.
Learn more about "The Secret of the Buffalo".
THE MIGHTY BUFFALO STEADILY GROWS ITS HERD AND DILIGENTLY PROTECTS ALL THE MEMBERS OF ITS FAMILY BY FINDING STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.
- On the Money helps people break old habits that get in the way of financial stability and establish worthwhile new ones.
- Teaches the habit of pro-active saving - the basis of all good money management.
- Shows you how to get into the habit of creating powerful, clear and specific short, medium and long-term visions that are realistic, achievable and inspiring.
- Shows you how to get into the habit of charging down your debt as fast as possible.
- Shows how to get into the habit of protecting your assets and growing your wealth through wise investments.