Knowledge is also power for financial planning. If you do not draw up a budget at least once a year, you won’t know if you have or could get, any spare cash to increase your savings, or reduce your debt.
What is the Secret of the Elephant?
- Help you identify different kinds of expenses and how to manage them.
- Develop a family budget at least once a year.
- You'll be able to create a list of a simple five-step budgeting process that works.
- Enable you to develop a plan to track difficult variable expenses using the "elephant envelopes" method.
The Secret of the Elephant will
- Learn what you earn, know what you owe and comprehend what you spend.
- Use this information wisely to plan your spending in the future so that you can reduce debt, save more, or both.
- Get into the habit of doing an annual budgeting exercise on the same day each year, just as our Finance Minister does an annual budget for the country.
- To help you get into the habit, the module outlines a few simple steps to create a really useful personal budget.